For past 7 years Nebraska Nepalese Society has been hosting an annual basketball tournament catering to the needs of those who like to compete and feel alive in the Basketball arena. To make it a bigger and better experience, we are making this event public to see if any teams out there are interested in taking the challenge and wish to travel to Nebraska to meet, greet, have some fun, and play the game of BASKETBALL.
Saturday, March 10th, 2012
Game 1- Wichita vs. Dallas 3:00-4:00 pm
Game 2- Colorado vs. Dunkin Hanuman 4:15-5:15pm
Game 3- Dallas vs. Nebraska 5:30-6:30 pm
Game 4- Wichita vs. Colorado 6:45-7:45 pm
Game 5- Nebraska vs. Dunkin Hanuman 8:00-9:00 pm
Sunday, March 11th, 2012 (Knock-out Round)
1st SEMI: Rank 1 vs Rank 3 9:00-10:00 am
2nd SEMI: Rank 2 vs Rank 4 10:30-11:30 am
FINAL: 1:00-2:00 pm
Conclusion: PRIZE distribution 2:00-3:00 pm
Click on the read more...link below for more information.
1000 Balvin Road
South Bellevue, NE 68005 (Map)
Date: March 10, 2012 (3:00 PM to 10:00 PM)
March 11, 2012 (11:00 AM to 2:00 PM)
Deadline: Friday, March 5th 2012 (Closed)
Rules & Regulations:
The organizing committee intends to strictly enforce the NBA rules (www.nba.com) and expects full co-operation from all of the teams involved.
- Minimum 5 players and Maximum 10 players per team.
- Round robin Tournament.
- Each team is given a number, and numbers are drawn to compete.
- Only finals and semi finals knockout
- Each game is played 40 minutes total. Each half is played for 20 minutes.
- Each team shall be allowed two time outs of 1 minute each per 1 half (total 4)
- No player is allowed to play from a different team within the same event.
- All players of a team must have matching uniforms.
- When in the opinion of the referee the jersey colors of the two teams are too similar, the team registered later is required to change.
- Substitution is unlimited and it must be made with the consent of the referee.
- Rules related to ball movements, body movement such as traveling, screens, dribble techniques, jump and rebounds, tip offs, shooting, shooting fouls etc., which are related to the game shall be followed according to the NBA (www.nba.com) rules and regulations.
- Violation of conduct/ sportsmanship may lead to disqualification of the team.
- If the team committing the foul has seven or more fouls in the game, then the player who was fouled is awarded one free throw. If he makes his first shot, then he is awarded another free throw.
- If the team committing the foul has ten or more fouls, then the fouled player receives two free throws.
- A player is disqualified upon picking up his sixth foul.
- Waiver forms need to be signed by all the players. NNS will not responsible for any damages and injuries inherent in the practice.