2012 NNS Dr. Sapkota Scholarship Application is Now Open
Here is your chance to get the $1000 award
Who can apply?
All full time undergraduate college students of Nepalese origin in the state of Nebraska
How to apply:
· Tell us about you and your educational plans.
· Describe about what you have done so far or plan to do in the future to preserve and promote Nepali culture in Nebraska.
· Describe how you plan to serve NNS and promote its goals if you were awarded the NNS scholarship.
· Explain how the scholarship money would help you and what economic hardships are you currently facing? What is your current source of funding?
· What was your average GPA last semester? (Note that the GPA will be verified later and accounts for 1/5 of the total score used in the evaluation of your application)
Frequently asked questions
Who will evaluate the application?
The application will be reviewed by the Scholarship committee members. Current members are:
2.Dr. Kiran Bastola
5.Dr. Nabin Sapkota
Do I have to be a member of NNS to be able to apply?
No, you do not. The only criterion is that you have to be a full time undergraduate student and should be of Nepalese origin.
What do you look for in a candidate?
We take several factors into consideration. We want to encourage students with good Nepali values who are willing to help preserve and promote Nepali culture. We encourage volunteerism to help our Nepalese community in Nebraska. We will also consider the economic needs of the student.
How will my grades count?
Your grade will have 1/5th (20%) score during the evaluation process.
How will the awarded money be paid?
You will get a check from NNS made out to your college for tuition payment.
Is there any particular style or format I need to follow for the essay?
No, you can tell us your story in any style you choose. We do not impose any restrictions or limitations.
Who do I contact if I have further questions?